- 3+ years of commercial experience with hand-ons Python development (mostly Django)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field of study
- Track record of working in Scrum / Agile software teams
- At least Upper Intermediate spoken and written English
- Work with API team to design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Django server-side code
- Partner with tech lead and research, design, test, and evaluate new technologies.
- Partner with tech lead to maintain an organization-wide view of current and future business and application architecture.
- Partner with tech lead to Implement POCs.
- Contribute in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
- Identify and resolve bottlenecks and bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Support with Scrum / Agile software development approach (e.g., sprint, standups, retros, planning, pointing, grooming, etc.)
- Mentor and guide junior API team members.
- Python Metaclasses, Django, Flask and Celery
- SQL Technologies such as PostgreSQL
- NoSql Technologies such as Mongo
- 3+ years’ experience designing and delivering large scale distributed systems (ideally using modern SOA patterns and REST)
- Good understanding of security/access control, scalability, high availability, and concurrency patterns.
- Flexibility and creativity in solution design - including leveraging emerging technologies
- Ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives
- Ability to communicate and apply common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems